Working from home can be great for cutting down on commute time and making the most of your day, but it isn’t always so easy to find a place to work. If you have a small space or unique living situation, one option is to place your home office desk against wall. This article discusses the pros and cons of working with a desk against the wall in order for you to make an informed decision.
Pros of a home office desk against wall
- The desk against the wall can make a home feel more like an office with minimal effort.
- You can save a lot of space by using desk against the wall.
- If you have children, having your home office space in view is helpful for them to remember not to interrupt while working.
- The home office desk against the wall can give you more privacy than having your home office out in the open.
- A home office desk against a wall is convenient if you don’t have much space for an entire home office, since it doesn’t take up any floor or table space.
It is easier to create an organized workspace without clutter due to lack of storage space and home office desk against wall does not require much space.
It is easier to consolidate home office essentials such as home office laptop and home office printer because everything is at your fingertips on one side from which you work
Your accessory items may take some longer time to find if they are placed in an isolated area, but will mostly remain out of sight. You won’t have a problem with cluttered workspaces due to lack of storage space and home office desk against the wall makes it easy for you to clean up after projects.
However, home office desk against the wall might be tough to change or customize and there is no room for home office accessories. When you need more space, it can be a hassle to expand as well.
Cons of a home office desk against wall
- While you may have more floor space, it will be harder to move around and access items in front of the home office desk that is up against the wall.
- While it may seem counterintuitive, putting your desk up against a wall can actually cause back pain and tension because most people will slouch as they work at their computer due to lack of support from behind. In addition, those who put their home offices close to doors often find that it increase stress levels. Another thing about putting the desk near walls ? You also lose natural light!
- If you want to work from home, you should be prepared for a unique set of challenges. While having your desk against the wall can make it easier to separate home life and working life as well as allow children easily see what you’re doing without distracting them too much, there are drawbacks such as lack of support and natural light.
Not as much room for guests or visitors
Who want to work with you at your desk, or who need to use your home office for anything else.
You may feel cramped against a wall
Which might make it harder for you to get in the right creative headspace to work on your home business. You can compensate by making sure that your home workplace is visually stimulating and well-organized, but adding clutter will only exacerbate the problem of how close together everything is when you place your home office desk against the wall. Depending on what type of work you do, having walls all around could also reduce air flow in summer months if no fans are available
Tips for having your desk against wall
- If you have a home office desk against the wall, ensure that your chair is adjusted so that it’s ergonomic and comfortable. It should provide good support for when you sit at your computer or work with paper documents.
- Ensure there are enough outlets in the home office to plug in all of your devices without worrying about tripping over cords.
- Make sure your home office desk against the wall is in a quiet spot where you won’t be interrupted by household noises or kids running around. A home study, basement or garage can work well for this purpose if it isn’t too cold to work down there during winter months!
- Make sure your home office is well lit, even when the sun isn’t shining directly in. Having additional light sources can be helpful for working through dull or dark days.
- Consider an home office desk against the wall if you have a large home and don’t want to fill your home with company or working from it. While this is an option, studies show that people who work from home tend to be more productive when they’re around other individuals in a shared space rather than being isolated in their own offices!
The home office desk against the wall can be great for some while others may find that there are just too many drawbacks. If you do choose to put your home office close to walls, consider these tips so you can still maximize productivity without causing yourself unnecessary pain or stress at work!
Things to consider when choosing which side you want your desk on – left, right, or center
When choosing which side you want your home office desk against the wall , it is important to consider what side of you will come in more useful. You can choose to put it on the left, the right, or the center depending on what is most convenient for you.
Putting the Desk on Left Side
The left side has its advantage in that it allows you to use right-handed tools more easily if your chair faces inward toward the space where you’ll be sitting at your home office desk . Also, this position may allow better access into storage areas that sit closer to that wall than other areas of your home office .
Putting the Desk on Right Side
However, you may find the desk against a wall on your right hand side more useful. A home office desk against a wall on the right-hand side gives you easy access to electrical outlets and may make it easier for you to carry things from room to room. This position also makes it more convenient for those who might need to use home supplies that are located on the other side of the home office desk . Keeping this area clear will be essential since you’ll have less space in which to spread out tools, papers, or whatever else is currently taking up space at home.
In addition, these two positions keep things central , so having a home office desk against a wall on either side helps keep everything within easy reach.
Putting the Desk on Center
No matter which home office desk against a wall position you choose, it’s important to think about how this placement will impact your flow and work patterns. Some people find that they feel more comfortable working at home when their home office desk faces the center of the room because it encourages them to face forward and to keep their eyes on what they’re doing rather than focusing on distractions like home appliances or home decor .
This may be particularly helpful if you need to spend a lot of time focused on your work; however, those who prefer visual awareness of home furnishings may make better use of an option such as having a home office desk against a wall on either side.
Ideas for incorporating storage into your work space if you are limited by space
- Use a decorative basket to hold loose paperclips, post-its, hole punches, writing utensils, push pins, stencils for stenciling projects, etc.
- A small file holder would be helpful if you do invoicing/billing/writing letters on a regular basis because this home business task involve many different types of papers.
- An old shoe box can hold colored pencils and pens in addition to other small items such as paperclips.
- Those who need to use more than one computer at home may benefit from using an adjustable laptop stand for home based workers .
- Using a filing cabinet is another way to sort items that cannot fit into decorative basket or ice cream container home office storage.
- One of my favorite home office storage ideas is using fabric boxes that match home decor
Working from home has many benefits, but the home office desk against wall is not for everyone. However, if you’re willing to adjust your home office desk layout and work habits in order to put your home office desk up against a wall, then it can be beneficial!
We hope that the information we’ve shared about pros and cons of placing Home Office Desk Against Wall. Take some time to think it through and figure out what is best for your needs. Whatever position suits you best, be sure to invest in quality furnishings like these desk from Amazon so that your work space can do its job properly!